Vacancy: Bus Mechanic
We are looking for a PSV/HGV Mechanic to join our small but growing team in Dumbarton. This is a permanent role for a fully qualified mechanic with experience.
Monday to Friday shift pattern working 42.5 hours per week (overtime available). Modern workshop and facilities with latest diagnostic equipment. We also boast a paperless workshop with electronic job cards, inspections and driver defects using industry leading software.
We are a local bus company well establish in the Dumbarton area operating a fleet of 40+ buses and coaches on school, service and coach hire work.
You will be involved in carrying out inspections, MOT preparations, diagnostic work, fault finding, carrying out repairs and assisting vehicle breakdowns. You will be responsible to complete job cards and service sheets accurately and support our traffic team to ensure operations are met.
- Week 1: Mon to Fri 06:30 to 15:30
- Week 2: Mon to Fri 08:00 to 17:00
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- 3 years minimum experience is essential
- Commercial vehicle experience – proven work experience on all makes of heavy commercial vehicles including bus and coach
- IT literate
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as a PSV/HGV Mechanic
- PSV/HGV Driving Licence, not essential but preferred.
What we offer
- Earn between £15 & £17 per hour depending on experience
- Regular overtime with enhanced rates
- Relaxed atmosphere
- PPE Equipment including Overalls
- 28 days holidays
- Pension Scheme